| Home | Latest news | Site Map | Search | FAQ | Website accessibility | Customer complaints | Terms and Conditions | Website Feedback Form | Access Keys |
Skip to content

Children in employment and entertainment

Children in employment and entertainment

More pages related to 'Children in employment and entertainment'

Children of compulsory school age, working before or after school, at weekends or during school holidays, must have an employment permit issued by the local authority. Those involved in entertainment, such as TV, film, theatre, modelling, dance shows, music groups and paid sport (both professional and amateur) may require a performance licence and a licensed chaperone. 

Contact us

Children in employment & entertainment, County Hall, Walton Street, Aylesbury HP20 1UZ, 01296 383512, fax 01296 381432, email childemployment@buckscc.gov.uk.

  • Children in employment

    Children in employment

    Employment permits are issued by the local authority where the child works.

  • Children in entertainment

    Children in entertainment

    The performance licenses are issued by the local authority where the child lives.

  • Chaperones


    All children who require a performance licence must be chaperoned by either the child’s parents/legal guardian or an approved adult (chaperone/matron).