Buckinghamshire has a huge variety of volunteering opportunities. From helping to maintain footpaths in the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to volunteering with children and young people, there's something for everyone.
It doesn't matter how much time you can spare, we would love to hear from any budding volunteers. Take a look at the list of opportunities and get in touch if anything sparks your interest.
With lots of training opportunities available, volunteering can give you the skills and experience you need to access new jobs and career opportunities.
Becoming a volunteer
The Volunteer Centre for Buckinghamshire provides a free and confidential service to help match your skills and interests to local opportunities.
Visit Volunteeringbucks for more information.
Volunteering with us
We have a range of exciting volunteering opportunities. We really value the contribution our volunteers make and can offer training and development.
- We are looking for motivated residents to act as our Active Bucks Community Champions and help us support people to become more active, more often. Champions will represent local residents - understanding what would help them to get more active. No previous regular physical activity is required, just the enthusiasm to try something new and help others do the same.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Do you want to help our learners improve their chances in life? Can you commit 2hrs a week for at least 1 term? Are you calm and encouraging?
Volunteer to support our learners in English, maths, ESOL (English for speakers of other
languages), ALDD (Adults with learning difficulties and disabilities). You will always work under the direction and support of a tutor. If you want to gain experience of working in a learning environment, give something back, enhance your CV please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 01296 383470
- The Buckinghamshire Community Transport Hub is a countywide community transport information, advice and signposting line. It provides information on Dial-A-Rides, community car schemes, mini bus hire and wheelchair accessible taxis.
Community Transport Hub
|Crime prevention and community engagement
- Help make the place where you live safer for the whole community. We are looking for Community Champions to assist us with our consumer protection work.
Contact: email@example.com 01296 382649
- Become a Community Energy Champion and help spread the energy and money saving word!
- Are you a home composter or would you like to be one? Join our Master Composters and encourage others to home compost and help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill. Visit the home composting pages
- Buckinghamshire Family Information Service (BFIS) need more Parent Champions for Bucks. Parent Champions talk to parents and carers to highlight the benefits of childcare, family activities and parent involvement.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 01296 383293
Parent Champions in Buckinghamshire
- Children’s Centres provide fun activities and services for all young children. They particularly aim to support those children who may be at a disadvantage for a variety of reasons. They welcome volunteers to help support their activities. Please contact your local Centre directly - find their details on the Family Information Service website
- You could be a coach, official, committee member etc in a local club.
Contact: 01296 585626
Walking, cycling and horseriding
- Help others to be more active and enjoy gentle walks throughout beautiful Buckinghamshire. Full training and support provided.
Visit the Simply Walk pages
- Survey paths, help in practical tasks or become an Area Secretary, Path Representative or walk leader.
Visit the Chiltern Society website
- Help with annual route surveys.
Contact: 01296 387695 or 01296 383410
- Join the Local Access Forum to ensure community views are taken into account when we are managing and developing the county's public access routes and land.
Find out more about the forum
- Volunteer with young people. Could you pass on a skill eg craft, cookery, art or drama, help behind a coffee bar, organise an outing or event, help with a project or activity?
Finding a volunteer
Community Impact Bucks offers a range of services, including training, to support organisations who need to recruit volunteers - from helping to advertise and promote roles to helping to develop existing and new volunteer opportunities.
Visit Community Impact Bucks for more information.
Is there anything wrong with this page?